At low tide, the sky is reflected on sandy beaches and tide pools, creating a fantastic view of the "Fukutsu Sea Mirror”. This "Fukutsu Sea Mirror" can be seen on the white sand beach that stretches for 3 kilometers to the west of Fukutsu City. The three connected beaches, "Fukuma Beach," "Miyajihama," and "Tsuyazaki Beach" are shallow and highly transparent, and each has its own character. Why don’t you find your favorite spot since they offer different style of spending time?
- Fukuma beach
- Tsuyazaki Beach
There are many cafes with terrace seats, and the beach is full of marine sports such as SUP and windsurfing. Fukutsu City Tourist Information Station "Beach House", BBQ shops, and luxury glamping facilities make this a beach attractive, which is visited by many people throughout the year.
- Set the destination to "4-15-1 Nishifukuma, Fukutsu City, Fukuoka Prefecture (Fukutsu City Tourist Information Station Beach House)". There is a parking lot (free / about 40 cars).
- ※If the beach house parking lot is full, please use the Fukuma Fishing Port Parking Lot (3-47-1 Nishifukuma, Fukutsu City) about 100m away (free / about 150 cars). Large buses are not allowed.
- Train / Bus
- Walk / Taxi
- About 2km from JR Fukuma Station Miyaji Exit About 30 minutes on foot
- About 10 minutes by taxi (about 900 yen to 1000 yen)
A beach at the end of the "Path of light" that extends straight from Miyajidake Shrine toward the sea. There is a large torii gate and guardian dogs at the entrance of the beach, and the pine forests that spread to the left and right are also charming. Twice a year, some people come to enjoy the sunset over the torii gate during the "Path of light" season in February and October. About 1.3km from Miyajidake Shrine, about 15 minutes on foot.
- Set the destination to "4-5 Miyajihama, Fukutsu City, Fukuoka Prefecture (Miyajitake Shrine Temporary Third and Fourth Parking Lot)". There is a parking lot (free / about 40 cars). Large buses are not allowed.
- ※Please note the private parking lots in the neighborhood charge a fee during the summer season.
- Train / Bus
- Approximately 2.8km from JR Fukuma Station Miyaji Exit.About 15 minutes by taxi (about 1000 yen to 1100 yen)
It is close to the Tsuyazaki fishing port, which prospered as a salt shipping port from Edo to the early Showa period, and the Tsuyazaki Sengen, where the nostalgic cityscape remains. On the beach, there are guest houses that boast dishes made with seafood and some seaside houses where you can have a BBQ. Another feature is that large tide pools are likely to form.
- Set the destination to "3-12 Tsuyazaki, Fukutsu City, Fukuoka Prefecture (Tsuyazaki beach)". There is a parking lot (free / about 10 cars). Large buses are not allowed.
- ※If the parking lot is full, there is also a free parking lot at "Machiokoshi Center Tsuyazaki Sengen Nagomi (3-17-3 Tsuyazaki, Fukutsu City, Fukuoka Prefecture)". About 5 minutes walk to Tsuyazaki beach.
- Train / Bus
- About 3.5km from JR Fukuma Station Miyaji Exit Approximately 20 minutes by taxi (about 1400 to 1500 yen)
- Taxi companies in Fukutsu city
- Heiwa Taxi Co., Ltd. 0940-42-0040
Munakata Transportation Co., Ltd. 0940-52-0015
Fukuei Taxi Co., Ltd. 0940-42-0373